- When you first get a new pair home, soak them in vinegar to set the dye. (especially with dark indigo dyes)
- Cold water wash inside out.
- Flat drying is preferable as the heat from the dryer can fade and break down the elasticity of your jeans. (Give them a quick spin in the dryer if you like – 5 minutes tops)
- The best time to hem them is after the first wash
- Wear your jeans as much as possible between washes. The less you wash, the better.
Follow these steps and you can enjoy your jeans for years and years!